I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a happy, prosperous, healthy, wealthy, successful new year.
I would like to sincerely thank you for supporting, encouraging my blog posts so far. I do hope you do support it in the future. Perhaps you refer it to others as well.
Having said that, the above picture really tells a good meaning about making things history/memories. So this year (2011) has been good for me so far.
Couple of things that went good/happened/i did this year and i am happy to remember about:
- Found a new better job, which pays OK.
- Wrote my first own 2 article for codeproject
- Started my own blog
- Cross blog 60 Posts among which 50+ are technical ones.
- Made good name and progress at work place
- Helped few newbies at work in improving their confidence on the programming side.
- Won an award at work place
- God Nominated as Best debutant award
- Started learning guitar
- Started learning Ruby and wrote few articles for same
- One of my ruby article got published in a brazilian website
- Gained 120+ subscribers for my blog
- Crossed 1K points at Stackoverflow and 2K points at Codeproject
- Made a lot of elite contacts (MVP’s, geeks) and other non-geeks at twitter
- Did Himalayan Trekking, which is an unforgettable event of my life
- Did couple of other trekkings as well viz Coorg, Amedikallu
- Kept/maintained good health and fitness.
- Reunion of old-time school pals.
- Donated amount to World Wildlife Foundation India
Things that did not go well/i failed to do:
- No MVP status achieved
- No innovative ideas provided
- No On site opportunities 😦
- No WOW factor articles written
- Discontinued WCF learning.
- Not gained intermediate level in Ruby
- Not got started with ROR
- Not learned HTML5
- Did not got over much on my laziness.
New year resolutions:
- Get MVP status
- Do/Achieve more (At work or life)
- Do more trekkings/visit more places
- Aim for more awards
- Help more fellow geeks or learn more from geeks via my blog/forums
- Get more blog readers
- Write alot more quality articles
- Gain more knowledge in technical stuffs
- Come up with alot more innovative ideas
- Maintain/improve health and fitness
- Be a much better person and gain more wonderful friends/contacts.
I promise to meet/improve on my new year resolutions. But if there is any suggestions you wish to see happening from my side, feel free to comment.
Thanks and Best Regards 🙂