Today i finally got a chance to TD this beautiful, lovely, bubbly car. I had asked the SA (Sales Assistant) of Vecto Motors, Hosur Road, to get me Pearl white 90 Hp car for the TD. Thanks to Vecto for that.
1. I am no Experienced/Good driver. So far have TD Etios Liva, so i compare most of the experience with it.
2. Below said experience is my personal opinion and no way influenced by any body.
3. I may be wrong with some experience, but feel free to correct me
4. High speed is very bad!
As already been said enough about this beast by every body, so ill try to keep it short and crisp.
So SA kept bugging me for past 3 days to get me into this car for a TD. Finally today it happened. He was there on time as he promised. He was very understanding, helpful, informative to me and to my father overall.
He arrived around 1030. First 15 mins briefing about the car. Felt the car in and out. Into the boot, into the engine bay. Did not feel like not to see any part of it. Then my father sat at the back while i drove the car. I took the car for spin in my area then to uttarahalli on to mysore road then to race track : The NICE
Did took the car in all worst roads, the SA was very supportive and was encouraging me to test the car for body rolls, suspensions and corner handling. Uttrahalli road had few curves and bends where i pushed hard to see how kool cornering is and how steering is responsive. As usual, father alarms kept ringing from back but still SA let me do it and feel the beast. IMHO i am impressed. The cornering, the power, the pull, suspensions are brilliant. Love you FIAT
Race time baby…Entering the NICE. Revved the engine to 130. The car rocketed like any thing. Felt the VGT kicking in. I was in full love with it, the whole race. Finally back to my place.
My father who was most of the time a passenger is really impressed about this car. I liked it but dad kept cribbing about the cost , while i was in full love with it and did not even bothered to hear about the pricing discussion between dad and Madhu.
Noticeable Improvements in 2013 Refreshed Punto:
1. Gun metal Alloy : Not very shiny, but looks beautiful if kept clean. The TD car was not cleaned and it was dirty, hence alloy wasnt tat attractive.
2. Pearl White : Again looks very nice but has to be kept always clean. Better than BNW? Not sure. Experts comments please?
3. Chrome strip above glove box : No idea in what way it makes a difference. To me it was looking OK OK.
4. Remote control for Audio system : SA says not available in earlier (2012) models.
5. Gear Ratio improvements : Did not feel any delay or slowness responsive in 1st or 2nd gear. The car did response well. Even the SA acknowledges that it has been improved.
1. Interiors are fantastic.
2. Seat color combo with red stitching is superb.
3. Gear stitching is kool too.
4. Power, performance, handling, cornering, suspensions.
5. Gear ratios and smoothness
6. Cheesy clutch
7. Pulls good in 2nd gear too with 3 folks inside car. Very nice.
8. Body quality, unquestionable.
9. Looks? : What else can i say about Bellucci? She is Mind blowing, jaw dropping
10. Low engine noise
11. At 130, noise inside cabin is very low.
12. Powerful AC
13. 6 speakers are worth but not that effective or powerful for metal heads like me
14. Spacious and good leg room.
1. Chrome grills. I hate it. I wished for a black
2. Small botol holders
3. No AC vents inside glove box.
4. Some what boring Audio system interface on dashboard.
I am still high from the Love, Touch, Ecstasy, Thrill, etc. of this beauty. I am just drooling to make it my own
Definitely going to book once SA gets back with an offer soon. Price is a bit more. On Road quoted price is 9.X L.
Hope i have not missed out anything. Thanks for reading.
- Etios Liva G Test Drive Experience (adventurouszen.wordpress.com)